At Northern Virginia Pediatrics Associates, it is our policy to follow the vaccine schedule recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Center of Disease Control (CDC). We believe that this policy is designed to offer the best protection to your child from serious childhood illnesses with the least side effects possible.
We also understand that rarely, there are unusual circumstances that may prevent you from letting your child follow the recommended schedule. We will be able to work with you on a modified schedule as long as you follow the minimal schedule requirements. The minimal requirements are designed to not only protect your child but also other children that may be present at the office who may have a low immune system. Those requirements are:
- 3 DTaP vaccines by one year of age and a booster dose by two years
- 3 HIB vaccines by one year of age and a booster does by two years
- 3 PCV13 vaccines by one year of age and a booster dose by two years
- One MMR vaccine by 18 months of age and
- One Varicella vaccine by two years of age.
If the above requirements are not met, we regrettably will ask you to find another pediatric home for your child.